Monday, April 20, 2009

Rest In Peace Nana Cooper...

On April 1st, 2009 my Nana Cooper celebrated her 96th birthday in her home, with her family and friends. 2 weeks later; she passed away peacefuly in her own bed, in her own home.


Nana was a wonderful and very special Lady, and will be missed by all who knew and loved her. She touched many lives during her time here. She was a daughter, a sister, a friend, a wife, a mother of 3, and a grandmother to me. And then later to my own children. We were not bound by ties of blood...but instead were connected through ties of love.
I do not mourn her death. Instead I celebrate her life, and what she meant to all of us. I know that she had a full and happy life; and that now she has gone home to meet her God, and to be with her husband, and her family.She was a wise and loving soul. A rare woman, more full of life than people half her age. She had many lessons to teach. I remember many of them. 96 years is a long time to walk this Earth. We should all be so lucky.
May you rest for a thousand years in the Summerland...
...in the Land Of Tir Na Nog.
Thank You Nana. You will always be remembered, loved and honored.
Carmella Cooper April 1, 1913 - April 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment