Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring 2009 Family Update

Makayla & Jeremiah at the Gardena Carnival;April, 2008



Daddy & JD at T-Ball ; Team Pirates.....Spring 2008



The Munchkins at the Gardena Koi Festival Spring 2008

(Makayla, Get your hair outta your eyes!!!) (Photoshop fix Mom?!)





Hey Everyone! I hope you are all well and enjoying your Spring! So glad that it’s finally here now. Warmer days, longer nights…and Spring Break is on it’s way. We are all getting ready for it now. The kids are finishing up their classes, both at school, and extracurricular ones too. A little Spring cleaning here, a little yard work there. Thankfully Old Man Winter has gone to bed, and all that wet, cold weather is over. (Although we really have nothing to complain about here in Southern California!) It is nice to start spending more time outdoors, and being able to stay out and play late. Soon enough we will be BBQing and swimming ‘til 8 at night. Ooh I can’t wait!
JD took his test to complete his White Belt Karate Class; and will now go on to the Yellow Belt Class. Yay Jeremiah! Way to go Buddy! He will be playing T-Ball on the Pirates, for another month or so. His Dad, Steve, coaches the team, and Papa Steve, Auntie Jess, and Uncle Edward also help out. (Co-Coach I think?) Also, Cousin Miah plays on the team too. (Such a cutie!) Makayla has found her own niche hanging out with all of the brothers and sisters of the kids on the team. They are an adorable gang of kids; with the little ones toddling around, all the way up to the tweens. I enjoy watching them play as much as the kids on the field. JD has been doing quite well in his Kindergarten class. He has been bringing home almost straight 100%’s on his spelling tests. (Poor guy had a fit when he got a -1! Talk about high expectations!) And while I am real proud of that, he has been in trouble for rough housing at recess. I know, I know…boys will be boys, but…So he spent a couple of nights without TV, and I am hoping that is enough. (But we all know it’s not. It never is.) It’s funny, for the most part, I can keep pretty good control of him at home; but when he’s at school, there is not much I can do. If anyone knows of a great method to keep boys from roughhousing at school; please let me know ASAP! Luckily it is just horsing around and not bullying. Otherwise…
So that is what Jeremiah has been up to, as for Miss Red…She is finishing up her last week of Hip Hop Dance Class, and getting ready to go to competition, next Saturday. Practice, practice, practice. (You have no idea how hard it has been for Ol’ Mom here, to memorize Karate moves AND a dance routine last week, in order to help the kids learn their respective routines!) Makayla also just finished up her very first Biography Report, on Princess Diana. (BTW- Did you know that is not her actual title? I didn’t either. Now we know.) She hasn’t gotten her grade back yet, but Parent Conferences are coming up this week… so I will be finding that and more out soon. Other than that, she has recently joined the after school Hula Hoop Club. She is enjoying herself immensely, and is really good at it. I love seeing them feel successful at what they do. Makayla also got a pink guitar from me at Christmastime, and I still need to get her some lessons for it. (You should have heard her singing Hannah Montana songs on Nana Dana’s Kareoke machine tonite! Hilarious!) When Makayla isn’t busy doing all of those things; she is busy working on her very first entrepreneurial effort. She is making and selling bookmarks at school. (She also catches and adopts out ladybugs to the other kids too!) She’s definitely got the genes for it. Papa Jerry is one of the best salesmen I know…and it runs heavy in the Carriere line. (It’s just too bad that Mommy here can’t get her art sold a little better!)
Now for Mama’s update. I am having a ball with my new blogs…maybe too much fun! I only started blogging at the end of February, so I’m still pretty new. Crafty’s Cuppa Coffee is doing the best. I have a lot of posts on that one, and 11 readers so far! 11! I think it’s kinda cool that people like what I have to write, and want to read more. From all over the place! So neat. Crafty Chick’s Retro Fantasy is right behind that one, with 7 posts I think, and 3 readers. My poor little art blog Crafty Chick Creations is the one with the least posts, and no readers yet, although there have been people that have checked it out, and commented on my artwork. So that is that. I have also just completed my first swap, on the Swap Bot website. I received 2 lovely packages from my swap partners. I still need to photograph them. My swap contributions were one of my handmade Paper Bag Albums, matching stationary, and a magnet for their fridge, for each lady. My packages were filled with my favorite; black & white stuff! Candles, a necklace, earrings, barrettes, paper clips, eraser, photo frame, a notebook and a few other things. Boy was that fun! Getting such a great package of goodies on an ordinary afternoon, instead of just bills, and junk mail, is fabulous! I highly recommend it to anyone.
Anyways, I am going to wrap up this post now. I hope that all of our family and friends are having as nice a Spring as we are. And let’s hope Summer is just as good! Happy Spring Equinox and Easter. I will try to post some updates every couple of weeks, or at least once a month. It would really be great if I can get some of more of my family and friends to check out this blog, and maybe exchange their blogs with me. I will be working on that in this next month.
Ciao,
~Danae

No comments:

Post a Comment